Monday, August 24, 2020

Weight loss for DVT recovery

Last week I was in the ER with the most excruciating leg pain I’d ever experienced. I was diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis (a blood clot) and put on blood thinners immediately. One week later, I’m still reeling from the experience. The statistics on DVT are disheartening to say the least and it’s possible that my body has been irreparably damaged from this.

The doctors have officially classified the cause of the blood clot as unknown and seemed reluctant to say it might’ve been caused by my lifestyle. But doing some independent research, it definitely could’ve played a role (although I will add that anyone can get a blood clot like this, even athletes).

Since being overweight can complicate the recovery process, I’m trying to bring myself down from 180lbs to 150lbs (I’m 5’3 and my BMI puts me in the obese range right now). I want to do all I can to give my body the best possible chance at healing from this.

I was here a few years ago too but regained the weight I’d lost :( I know it’s possible, though! So here we go again.

submitted by /u/missgreeney
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gniVzZ

No comments:

Post a Comment