Wednesday, December 9, 2020

After 7 years, I’m officially in onederland!

I’m excited to share with other people that I’ve finally hit onederland! I’ve been waiting for a few days to share because I wanted to make sure it was for real, and so far every day this week I have weighed under 200 pounds for the first time since at least 2013!

Starting weight: 240 Highest weight: 260 Current weight: 198.6 I’m very tall for a woman, so my goal weight is 170-180 pounds

For the past 7 years I’ve been gaining and losing weight repeatedly. My strategy was always the same - CICO (eat at a caloric deficit) and work out almost every day (HIIT, weightlifting, cardio). I always fell off the wagon.

I began my weight loss all over again in January 2020 but this time I was only focusing on my diet. I forgot about exercise and just focused on eating healthier meals and smaller portions. My only exercise was going for walks around my neighborhood. The progress was slow at first and the temptation to get back in a gym and go hard with the HIIT and weight training was real. Then covid struck and gyms closed - which I think for my weight loss journey was a blessing in disguise. I continued focusing on my diet and walking each morning and evening. And the weight loss was slow and steady - about 1 pound per week.

What I noticed this time around is that my appetite has been exponentially easier to manage, and I attribute it to the fact that I’m not working out intensely. About 8 weeks ago I started HIIT and weightlifting at the local gym again and I noticed an immediate change in my appetite - I was SO hungry all day during the days I worked out and my weight loss progress came to a halt. 2 weeks ago I decided to dial back the workouts again and only go to the gym once per week, and just walk the other 6 days. My appetite has been much easier to manage and I’m back to losing weight at a steady pace again!

submitted by /u/audubonpark
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37PRigG

No comments:

Post a Comment