Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Exercise vs. diet when you don’t have that much to lose

This subreddit is supposed to be for people who have a lot or a little weight to lose, either way, so let’s test that out.

You often see people say things like “weight loss happens in the kitchen” and stress the importance of cutting calories, even to shorter women who don’t have that much room in their TDEE to cut anyways.

As a 5’4” woman, I haven’t found that to be true. I’ve tracked my calories, accurately, and at most I only eat like 1600 calories a day max, which is actually within my TDEE. Any type of cutting below 1500 has just give me migraines and not led to weight loss.

What has worked has been getting into a regular exercise routine. It’s not rapid eight loss, but burning 200-300 extra calories is similar to the extra amount I would have to cut, and actually sustainable.

Have any other shorter ladies had this experience?

submitted by /u/SensitiveGrape9034
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37eGEAg

No comments:

Post a Comment