Sunday, August 1, 2021

Help with ideas for type of diet strategy

I recently received some test results show my A1c levels are in the prediabetes zone and am needing to drop some (a lot of) weight. I already have high cholesterol and high blood pressure and am just to the point where enough is enough. I had lost about 80 pounds around 4-5 years ago before the birth of my daughter trying to live a healthier lifestyle in a lead by example kind of strategy, but due to various set backs, the stress of having a baby and other stresses in my life I folded and went back to my old familiar way of eating and gained all that back plus some. I have had almost zero energy to put towards any weight loss effort and have tried a couple times to drop some weight and can barely last a week. I’m just interested in suggestions of diet types to help lower my blood sugar and cholesterol as I’m not very familiar with the blood sugar aspect of it. My other big issue is my wife, part of my problem last time during my weight loss is she was incredibly angry about me losing weight while she was pregnant and was kinda sabotaging towards my goals (constantly buying unhealthy foods,ect.), and made it really easy for me to slip up. I’m not claiming she will do that this time, but I also don’t expect her to be helpful in my efforts. I know a lot of strategies involve controlling your environment and that has worked well for me in the past. So are there any things to do if you don’t have control over the foods around you? There have been times when we’ve tried to diet together and she still likes to make sort of complicated recipes that are kinda pseudo healthy and hard to track for doing CICO, where I don’t really mind somewhat repetitive eating of simple meals that are easy to track. I’m concerned I might have to decouple my eating from her entirely and don’t really know how to approach that situation. I’ve been able to find middle ground in the past, but my eating habits have been so terrible as of late that I just feel like it’s going to be so easy to slip into my old ways and I just tend to let things snowball once they start. Thanks in advance for any advice. I am going to start tomorrow so wish me luck!

submitted by /u/okieman888
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37dCDvT

No comments:

Post a Comment