Sunday, July 2, 2023

Very high deficit and still no weight loss

I’ve been on a diet for over two months now and I just lost 1kg. My measurements (arms, bust, waist, hips, thighs and calves) haven‘t changed and I also see no difference in my before and after.

I‘m not expecting a huge change in this short amount of time, but 1kg is just nothing compared to all the effort. People say: if you‘re not losing any weight, your deficit is too low. Well what can I say, I adjusted my deficit and at this point I could say that, if I go any lower I would starve myself.

I’m f27, 5‘8, 64kg. I don’t want to lose weight, I‘m just trying to cut and lose excess fat to tone my body (even though my BMI is healthy, my body fat percentage is around 23-24). I started with 1.400 calories a day. I run 3 times a week for 30min and hit the gym 2 times a week. After 3 weeks I adjusted my deficit, because I did not lose any weight. I‘m now at 1.300 and track every food I eat. I only eat at home, which makes tracking easier. I don’t eat the calories I burned while exercising, since fitness trackers often overestimate the amount of burned calories. So my caloric deficit is higher on days I workout. My basal metabolism is lower, because I sit the whole day due to home office, but I‘m still trying to get at least 7k steps every day.

What am I doing wrong? It was always very difficult for me to lose weight and the only time in life I really lost that excess fat, was when I only ate a salad a day during summer holidays, because it was too humid and hot outside.

I tried different diets throughout the years: keto, high protein, low carb. Is my metabolism that destroyed, that I can only allow myself that less to eat to get rid of the lovehandles?

Is it more difficult to lose weight, because my starting weight is already low? It’s really frustrating to see my friends being in a good shape, who aren’t active at all, have full meals and drink alcohol, while I have to restrict myself, even though I‘ve been active for all my life and counting calories.

Edit: 1. I use a scale for tracking.

  1. I don’t have any thyroid issues, blood count is fine.

  2. No one in my family has these issues. Actually everyone is super slender and skinny,

  3. I sleep for 8h and drink 2-3L of water a day (depends if I was working out or not).

I usually eat: morning: hard boiled egg, crispbread, cottage cheese (247 kcal)

lunch: green salad (no dressing; contains vegetables like cucumber and bell pepper), Tofu, cottage cheese (500-600kcal)

dinner: crispbread, smoked salmon, apple (293 kcal)

snack: protein bar (~180 kcal)

submitted by /u/phoenixmo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1Tw2Gjk

No comments:

Post a Comment