Sunday, October 21, 2018

Is it not possible to gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously?

I just hit month 3 of the gym today. 4-5 days a week, really loose CICO (I don’t eat bad but I don’t eat great. No junk maybe just issue with portion control, generally around 1200-1400 daily- no attention to macros until now, just eating cleaner and actually eating vegetables)

Starting weight at the time of joining the gym was 168-170 (F 5’5)

I used to only do cardio, sometimes pretty intense workouts for an hour a day. Would burn about 600-700 a day. This month I cut the hour to thirty minutes and began incorporating weight training into my routine and I’m loving that. However. I am getting frustrated as the scale isn’t changing by much (163) and after 3 months, I should have noticed something by now. Especially given that I really am not eating all that much... I don’t understand?

A friend told me I’m just building muscle and not losing any fat or weight. What should I do? I can’t imagine changing my diet much more than I do. I don’t think that’s maintainable. Maybe I could weigh it? I’ve never had an issue with weight loss before. I’m starting to feel a little anxious.

Any advice is appreciated

submitted by /u/lonelycranberry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S5N0ct

No comments:

Post a Comment