Sunday, November 18, 2018

Does it take anyone else a huge amount of effort to get back on track after eating something unhealthy?

I'm about 6 months into my weight loss journey, and this was a problem for me at the beginning, and still is today. Whenever I eat even just one healthy thing, it takes days for me to get back on track.

For example, I was great this past week. My diet was healthy and balanced, and my workouts were great. My plan was to continue being on my best behavior up until Thanksgiving so I could enjoy all the holiday food knowing I worked hard and deserved to treat myself. But I went out with friends this past Friday night and had wings and a drink, and it completely derailed me. I've continued to eat like shit all weekend, and I feel like I can't stop. This has been an on-going issue; whenever I reward myself with a cheat meal, my intentions are to get right back on track the next day. But for days afterwards, I struggle getting back on the wagon. It's like one simple treat has the ability to make me crave unhealthy foods throughout the whole weekend... and it messes with me so much mentally, that I repeatedly give in. The only thing that seems to break it is getting back into my normal daily schedule on Mondays, going to work, etc...

I was wondering if anyone else seems to have this issue. It really sucks, because I feel incredibly guilty and it's like two halves of myself are battling with each other. I know I need to stop... but on the other hand, I'd die for some pizza right now. And this very issue has me absolutely terrified of the upcoming holidays.

submitted by /u/corksncoffee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zjrngX

No comments:

Post a Comment