Saturday, November 3, 2018

I am afraid of what my weight is doing to my health

I was an athlete throughout college in a sport that required that we keep our weight and BF% down (swimming), and since then I have completely fallen off the wagon. I weight over 1.5 times my competition weight and I have been unable to stop that progression for the last few months and I worry that my overall health is taking a hit. While heart disease does not run in my family, I can only imagine that a 24 year old man that weighs 260 lbs isn't exactly the picture of health. I have been avoiding a regular checkup for fear of what I might hear.

My goal is to get back down to competition weight, which given my build and my height would put me right around 170 lbs (a 90 lbs weight loss). Is this reasonable to achieve in a single year or should I expect my weight loss journey to extend into my mid/late 20's? Other former athletes, what are your recommendations for getting back to the shape that you were in during your peak performance? My job and living situation doesn't allow me to workout anywhere near as much as I did, but I would love to fit into my old clothes again.

submitted by /u/tubbytotone
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JAZWmW

No comments:

Post a Comment