Wednesday, November 14, 2018

I broke through all the “boss babes” hawking weight loss products and convinced a friend to try CICO

Like many of you, my social media newsfeeds are filled with people, typically stay-at-home moms in their 20s and 30s, trying to sell their MLM products. I’ve seen it all- Lularoe, Essential Oils, Mary Kay, Younique, Rodan & Fields, you name it. Weight loss MLM products have gotten very popular among the circles I run in (many of my friends have had babies and are trying to lose the baby weight).

One of my friends made a post about how she was uncomfortable with her body and wanted to lose weight but had no idea where to start. Of course, all the “boss babes” jumped in immediately- “Come talk to me about Smart Coffee! It’ll change your life!” “Message me about Herbalife!” I cringed thinking that my friend might lose a ton of money on these fad products that really don’t even work.

So I posted about CICO and how it’s helped me drop over 20 pounds. I told her all she would need is to download an app like MyFitnessPal (free), start tracking her food and reading food labels (free), and start measuring her food using measuring spoons and measuring cups that she already owns (free) and buying a basic food scale ($10 or $15 at Target or Amazon). She has kids and a full time job so finding time to exercise is a challenge, but I said that losing weight is 80-90% in the kitchen, and that she could still lose weight without doing any exercise. I emphasized how simple of a method it was, that I still eat what I want (even things like chips or candy on occasion) but that I mostly choose to eat minimally processed, fresh foods.

I was still afraid she was going to fall prey to what the “huns” were selling, but she messaged me today and said she downloaded MFP and is being more careful about what she’s eating! CICO and communities like r/loseit have totally changed my life, and I’m hoping to encourage others that you can lose weight with CICO. I’ve already converted my dad and he’s down 30 pounds.

submitted by /u/afdc92
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FlZ8nf

No comments:

Post a Comment