Friday, November 2, 2018

(NSV) No Longer Craving When Stressed

TL;DR: I am 38 Days soda free. When I got home from a terrible day at work last night, I didn’t crave soda and ice cream for the first time. I instead wanted a balanced meal and water.

I’ve been lurking in this Reddit for a while because I personally had to take a break from my previous journey. I had some mental health issues that took priority, but I am back on track now. Because of living with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, tracking calories is not a viable option for me. Over a month ago, I started working towards returning to my weight loss journey.

Instead of calorie tracking, I try to be more mindful of what I am eating. When shopping I will look for lower calorie alternatives and make small changes to improve my diet. For example, I swapped ice cream(~160 cal) for fruit bars(60 cal).

38 days ago, I quit soda cold turkey because it was a huge part of my calorie intake. The first several days were difficult as I dealt with caffeine withdrawal and cravings. I hoped for the day where I would crave water instead of Dr. Pepper. Slowly, it has gotten easier. I didn’t realize how easy until yesterday when work was a nightmare. When I got home though, I didn’t want to binge on junk. I wanted to drink some water because I was dehydrated and eat a balanced meal because I was hungry. I thought about how I used to down Dr. Pepper to cope with the stress. Not anymore!

submitted by /u/brittrose4925
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SFfxWH

No comments:

Post a Comment