Sunday, November 4, 2018

Weight loss and depression

Wondering if anyone has any experiences or strategies to share.

I'm currently dealing with some depression. I'm taking the necessary steps to get myself mentally and emotionally well but it takes time. Food and TV have been my crutch and continue to be. Last year I lost 20kgs, so I know what I need to do. I've put 12kgs back on in the last 6 months that I've been feeling sad.

My issue is, how do I get and keep motivated when my need to feel better and escape the pain of depression (short term gratification of eating and watching tv) are stronger than my want to loose the weight and get healthy (looking at my body in the mirror makes me feel quite sad).

If anyone has any ideas, strategies, stories, experiences - is be glad to hear them! Thanks

submitted by /u/EmeraldEnchantress7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PKp9ko

No comments:

Post a Comment