Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Giving yourself a makeover BEFORE reaching your GW?

I still need to lose those last 12 pounds until I reach my final goal weight. I already lost 25 pounds so I'm pretty proud of myself but I still feel extremely self-conscious and fat (my classmate is a diagnosed anorexic and although I know she's sick, she makes me feel like a whale everytime I see her, and I feel like my overweight self all over again). I've been wearing all black outfits for over 10 years. Except for my PJs I don't even own any clothes in colors other than black. Black makes me disappear, or draw attention away from me - at least that's what I've been telling myself for 12 years now (it started when I was 13). Black is like part of my identity. I hate my identity. I feel like my identity was never able to blossom because I was the fat kid with social anxiety, low self esteem and depression.

I have this NY resolution to revamp my style completely. My clothes don't fit that well anymore anyway, so I might as well get some new clothes in other colors.

Should I wait till I reach my goal weight? Or should I already change my style a bit, adding color gradually (starting with things like a scarf)? Has giving yourself a makeover helped improve your confidence DURING your weight loss journey? Or did it make you even more self-conscious? Would you rather wait for the grand ending until you reward yourself by reinventing yourself? Did it make you feel better?

submitted by /u/plan2haveaplan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PmWRYY

No comments:

Post a Comment