Saturday, January 12, 2019

Constant comments on weight loss

I have lost almost 60 pounds on my journey thus far and people have definitely been able to tell for a while. At first it was extremely flattering to hear, "wow, you look so good!" and "how did you lose so much weight!" but it quickly began to make me feel deeply uncomfortable. It doesn't matter if it is a direct comment on my weight loss or a comment loosely alluding to the weight loss (ie. you look so good). It just makes me feel as though I have "I USED TO BE FAT AND EVERYONE NOTICED" on my forehead. I know I should be proud that I am healthy now but man it makes me feel so bad. I am also not really the type of person to correct these people. And it comes for everyone sometimes they are as close as family members and other times they are just acquaintances. Every comment makes me feel uncomfortable. Their comments are not coming from a negative place or with any kind of jealousy, but I just feel that my body is on display and it makes me feel less proud and almost embarrassed.

Has anyone else had these feelings? Any experience handling them?

submitted by /u/kurbur4sure
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2AH3MaK

No comments:

Post a Comment