Tuesday, January 1, 2019

[RANT] My parents think I am stupid for trying to invest in a dietary and bathroom scale, and among other things, they drive me up the wall.

I REALLY, REALLY need to stop talking about my goals with them.

At 5'3" and ~152 lbs, I am the fatass of the family, to the point where they hardly ask whether I ate or not, and find it kinda funny on the occasion they accidentally eat my share of some snack we are having.

I am an idiot with no sense of what a 'portion' is without measuring cups, and other tools. However, my parents do not seem to understand this, and disparage whenever they see me roll in with a dietary scale, or when I suggest replacing the bathroom scale because my brother (who is also fit and healthy) broke it.

When I talk about weight loss, my mother says NO CARBS, NO CARBS like a broken record, and insists I drink vinegar every morning, among other woo.

Also, she stays fit by eating just two peices of toast for breakfast, a very light salad, and a normal dinner with small portions, all work week. Am I pathetic for not being able to do the same? Yeah, but a food scale would make it quite easier to eat a little bit of what is satisfying and still get through my day.

I am worse than the average person at ignoring that hungry, gnawing feeling when I have to study.

Meanwhile my Dad be like, "Yeah, you got a slow metabolism, too bad, so sad."

I'm tired of being inferior, can't wait to head back to the dorms.

Hopefully I can cut the BS, lose the weight and fix my obsessive, negative, and messed up relationship with food in 2019. But nobody bet on me.

submitted by /u/CopperRaccoon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ts8iRB

No comments:

Post a Comment