Thursday, March 21, 2019

Had my weight loss acknowledged in the most far fetched way today

So for a bit of context, I've steadily lost quite a bit of weight over the last three years or so (down ~115lbs). I've definitely noticed a lot of changes, but this is one outcome that I wasnt expecting...

I am not a very well travelled person, but over the last few months I have had the opportunity to fly 4-5 times. My first time going through TSA since I was a child ended with me being searched by the agent. I figured just bad luck for my first time. But in all my other flights, literally, and I mean, literally every time I go through security I have been getting searched. Obviously this is annoying, and kind of embarrassing to go through, but I haven't really thought much about why this could be happening, aside from me having some kind of implant that I don't know about.

Anyways, after going through security today, sure enough I lit up on two spots after going through the scanner. I was lucky to have a nice agent "handle" me, and so I made a comment to him on how I literally always have to be searched. And he asked me if I had lost a lot of weight. I was kind of surprised at first, but I told him yes I had, and he said that was why. Turns out all the extra skin that you get from huge weight loss triggers the machine because it thinks you have some kind of hidden body cavity, or something. Needless to say, although its annoying, I'll take that tradeoff. What an odd validation of my change!

Has anyone else experienced this?

TLDR: I literally always set off the scanner at airport security, and turns out the reason why is because of all the excess skin from losing a large amount of weight.

submitted by /u/BioRam
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TPLjV1

No comments:

Post a Comment