Thursday, March 21, 2019

Weight Loss on the Scale but No Progress

18 years old // 5'5" // 123 Lb. // Female

So recently, as most young women do, I've been feeling horrible about my body appearance. I have fairly thin arms and legs but my problem area is definitely my stomach where I feel like I carry all of my fat. Last month, I put myself on a 1200 calorie diet, cut out junk food and as many processed foods as I could, and did not eat before 9:00 am or after 5:30pm. I ate a lot of chicken, gave up coffee, and granola bars were my best friend. Being a college student, however, it is extremely hard to consistently eat healthy with out eating the same thing every single day which I mostly found myself doing. I scheduled in working out 3-4 days a week doing mostly interval cardio and some strength training and backed up most work outs with a protein bar or shake.

My starting weight was 126 Lb and now the scale tells me I'm at 116 (like three separate scales have told me this) which has to be muscle loss. I look exactly the same if not fatter so it's hard to believe. Since last month's diet I have turned to something less strict, I drink coffee again and allow myself the occasional dessert or junk food and have upped calories to about 1400 give or take with the same work out routine.

I am just so incredibly frustrated when I look in the mirror because I was never insecure about weighing 125 pounds, it was always how I looked and after being so strict with myself for a month, I was so discouraged to find that the effort did nothing for my self esteem. I just don't know what to do anymore because neither techniques show that I have done anything. I still feel so flabby in the stomach, despite that if I pose certain ways for pictures, I can make myself look really lean.

I just want to be able to feel confident with out sucking in or be able to wear the cute clothes that I feel are so unflattering to my belly fat. Any tips? Eat more eat less? Strength work outs?

submitted by /u/cactusbxtch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OkQN4i

No comments:

Post a Comment