Monday, March 18, 2019

Why do people want to see you fail?

A little backstory on me.

I'm a 24 yo male who started their journey at 425 lbs. I'm down to 360 lbs since December, and started weight lifting a little over a month ago. I feel like I've made amazing progress, but I haven't shared with people outside of my family.

Some people have noticed my weight loss, but I don't tend to talk about it much to people. Just the, "Yeah, started working out in my free time, nothing too crazy."

I decided that I've committed enough to let people publicly know about my weight loss journey, and made a post on my Instagram about it. It was just a picture of the gym, with the caption stating that "it's time for a change." I really hate talking about myself or drawing attention to me, so that post was out of my comfort zone.

Today at work, which I do customer service work in my small hometown, I received not one, but multiple remarks of mockery about my post. People have told me that I won't last till next week, without knowing I've been at it for months. Literally soul crushing to hear these things from people I thought were friends, and people I've been nothing but nice and supportive too.

I tell myself that their negativity only fuels me, but does it really? I'm too driven to stop now, but people just piss me off. Rant over.

Tldr: people suck.

submitted by /u/I_am_Codyy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U2gWKx

No comments:

Post a Comment