Tuesday, April 9, 2019

I got so much respect for people with huge weight losses

The other day I read an article on how our body is designed to efficiently store weight for times of starvation, which never come nowadays (luckily) and this is why so many people are obese nowadays.

But the problem go way beyond the storage. The fat cells don't die off straight away and keep sending hunger hormones to the brain, which makes it harder to maintain weight loss. The entire metabolism is out of whack when losing weight. The bigger the weight loss, the worse it is.

I lost 20 lbs two years ago and every day I have to be careful to track calories, or I will put it back on. I have a hard time feeling full on my maintenance calories. The hunger pangs are the thing that at the moment keep me the most from losing another 20 lbs and reaching my goal weight. And my body is still a little out of shape due to the previous weight gain, although I am getting there with regular workouts. I feel like before I can even lose more, first my body has to adapt the slimmer me and this takes a lot of dedication.

Anyway, I feel my weight loss journey has been very hard so far... And now I imagine I had to lose 50 lbs. Or 80. Or 130. Or even more!

I can't imagine how much willpower that must take to even lose all that. And then work out to fight saggy skin. And those hunger hormones in left over fat cells that tell the body to eat more, again, constantly. It must be so incredibly hard to lose a huge amount of weight and maintain the weight loss as well.

How do people do it? I am in awe. I got so much respect for people with these big weight losses, just wanted to let you know! Keep going!!

submitted by /u/lisalovesmango
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2D34yA0

No comments:

Post a Comment