Thursday, May 16, 2019

Disabled, need advice to lose a few

Hi all. So I'll try to make this short. I'm 35 and I have about 30 lbs to lose. I can move my entire body still, but some days are rough. Before getting sick, I used to run a few miles each day and one of my proudest achievements in anything physical was running a full marathon. Running used to be my escape. Now, just walking a few blocks will leave me breathless. My doc has authorized me to do light cardio. Sitting down most of the time and not doing anything will make you put on the pounds, no matter what. I have been stable at this weight for years now because my diet doesn't change much. I'm vegan and try to eat healthy, but these days, there is no patience for cooking and well...Oreos are vegan,. So are French fries. So... You get it. Vegan doesn't mean healthy. The microwave is my new bestie. I'm also gluten intolerant (no more Oreos boo).

I'm wondering if any of you shared a similar experience. I know that with extra weight put on, it's extra for my already frail body to carry. It can only cause more issues than anything else now that I've stopped the massive weight loss that first hit me when I first got sick (85 lbs in less than 3 months). Again, I have been stable at 5'7 and 200 for a few years, so my doc isn't too worried about me losing weight. He is worried that I will do what I often do which is to push myself over my limits and to hurt myself.

I was thinking that since I spend most of my days at the PC, it might be a good idea for an exercise that I can do from my chair or from something like a bike with a back that I can lean into and listen to some mucic or watch a movie and exercise for one minute, take a break....do some more.

A nutritionist, going to a gym and getting a trainer are out of the question. I live in the boonies and those are not available around here.

submitted by /u/plo83
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2W4ouxb

No comments:

Post a Comment