Monday, September 9, 2019

One pound from my weight loss goal

I hit one pound from my goal weight of 145 today. I'm a bit shy so won't be posting pics of myself by here is a graph of my progress to date. https://imgur.com/a/xZIeNQj

In February, I found out I had high blood pressure. At that point I was around 168 pounds (I'm 5-6 so this was a lot of weight to carry). The next day I started walking... not to much, about 2 miles a day. In the beginning stages I was hitting around 8000 steps. I also changed the way I eat... nothing to strict but have reduced my fat significantly and track everything I eat using MFP. I now always have healthy snacks like jerky, roasted chick peas, fruit and smoothies. Another big development was quitting drinking which didn't happen until July. I would reward my self with 5 beers if I hit a new weight low. Talk about counter productive. Stopping alcohol has also greatly improved my mental health.

Right now, I am up to about 15,000 steps per day...sometimes higher, sometimes lower but never under 10,000. Walking has become an integral part of my life and I imaging that I will keep doing for all of the other benefits in addition to weight loss. I walk fast too... at times under 13 minutes per mile. My next step is to hit the gym and start some strength training as I still have a bit of a belly.

submitted by /u/RideTheBlueWind
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZMbFdJ

No comments:

Post a Comment