Friday, November 22, 2019

Hitting the one month mark and getting frustrated because there are no visible results

It's been a little more than month since I started my weight loss journey.

For now I've only been doing CICO (around 1200cal/day when I take the average over a week), and walking more. I'd like to start swimming after the holidays.

Even though the numbers have been going down on the scale, I'm getting frustrated about not being able to see anything in how I look (here are some progress pics https://imgur.com/a/Gt0E7XU). I know I'm being impatient but I can't help it. It's even worse because I feel like I can feel some change in my body (much more defined calves, emerging collarbones, jewelery and clothes fitting a bit more losely), but then I look in the mirror and I look the same as I did last month.

I've also had trouble being consistent in eating healthier. I have improved a lot, for example I eat a lot more fresh vegetables than before (I used to live mainly off pasta and rice) and I've started tracking my protein intake (which I did'nt do before even though I don't eat meat), but there are some days when I go back to my old habits (for example I found some frozen pasta with mushrooms, and one (individually packed) portion amounts to 260 cal, but I ended up eating three portions instead of one last night, in kind of a binging behavior (still remained within my calories goal though)), and then I feel very disappointed in myself.

I think I'm also getting frustrated because I have told almost no one around me that I've started trying to lose weight and the few people I've told act as if I hadn't said anything (they're long distance friends, but still), so I feel like I'm not doing anything. I guess I needed to rant a bit haha.

When have you started seing some progress ?

submitted by /u/jesuisunelicorne
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KMW3wN

No comments:

Post a Comment