Friday, November 1, 2019

How do you overcome habitual or emotional over eating?

I have been trying to lose weight for the past couple months. I have lost about 15 pounds so far and have just been hovering around 345 for the past month or so. When I started my weight loss journey I read the book “The Power of Habit” by Charles Duhigg, because I knew a lot of my over eating was habits. It helped, short summary, you can’t completely quit a habit but change it by identifying the cue, change the routine, and keep the reward. I identified that my over eating came from my emotions. So the cue was either happy, or stressed. Celebration? Go out to eat or cook a lot of food. After a stressful or not great day, I tend to eat multiple servings even though I already had my food planned out. Only when I have a good day, or my emotions are straight am I able to control my eating.

So anyone in the same boat or with advice, how do you control emotional eating when the craving is active? Thanks all!

submitted by /u/Co-Mo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/338Dzhp

No comments:

Post a Comment