Thursday, December 3, 2020

After I lost weight, I became very angry.

26M, 6'4", SW: 345lbs, CW: 196lbs

I lost weight over a year and a half. I just did CICO, it's what works for me (and in general IMHO) I reached 200lbs when I was in 5th grade (I remember my grandpa weighing me and him being in disbelief), and I got up to 300lbs by my freshman year of high school. I went through a lot of shit and dealt with it by eating. I attributed a lot of problems to my weight.

I wasn't able to see it so much at the time (2018). But once I reached the period where the weight was gone and people were complimenting me, flirting with me, and asking me for weight loss advice, I became angry as hell. I was so fucking angry at the people around me. Because once I lost weight, they smiled at me, held the door for me, and treated me like a real person. They didn't before. Before, nobody gave a shit about me and when I needed help, no one was there. But now they act like they're so happy for me and interested in my health.

I can't explain the level of anger that came out. It was 100% unexpected. But I slowly began to hate everyone who knew me back when I was heavy. Probably also because I hate and am embarrassed by who I was - I was so young and didn't know what was going on. I resented having missed experiences and feeling less than others for it. Talking to people who knew me back then is absolutely my least favorite thing, because they remember someone who doesn't exist anymore.

I needed so much help when I was growing up and absolutely no one was there. When I was at school and constantly alone, crying and staying home often, I wonder if the school would've taken more of an interest if I was conventionally attractive.

I was so angry at others for leaving me alone for so many years, then all the sudden I'm cool and they want to talk to and encourage me. Like sorry but shove it up your ass.

Did anyone else feel this way after losing weight?

I am still so surprised when I feel this way. I don't know if I like it or not.

submitted by /u/mangopiratebird
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ohKBKX

No comments:

Post a Comment