Thursday, December 10, 2020

[Century Club] December 10, 2020 - Have you lost or need to lose 100 lbs or more? Here’s a thread just for you!

I have often welcomed those who have lost 100+ lbs (~ 50 kg , ~7 stone) to “the club” and joked that club meetings were on Thursdays. I recently suggested that we try out having a regular weekly thread to talk about issues that are particular to those who have lost 100+ lbs, those who are well on their way and those who are just at the beginning of a journey this big.

Welcome back to the Century Club! Each week I will provide a topic of the day that has been on my mind or inspired by previous posts. However you are free to talk about any topics you think might be relevant to current and prospective club members.

Previous topics: The Unthinkable - Giving Thanks - Visualization - Eating Out - Top Concern - Holidays - 2020 - Changes - Weakness - What did you miss? - seasons - Funny Stories - Schedules - Fun - Health - Exercise - Denial - Headwinds - Streaks - Other People - Toolkit - Breaks - Support - Clothing - The Unexpected - Self-image - How do you end your journey? - What made it click? - Loose Skin


Today's Topic: Secondary Goals

There was a post yesterday about goals. This is somewhat related to last week's topic, but from the opposite angle. When you set out on your journey, was there some goal that provided inspiration and motivation for your weight loss? Such as being able to ride on a roller coaster.

Of course, everyone has primary goals to reach a certain weight or to wear a particular size clothing. I started my journey with a rough idea that I wanted to reach Onederland (<200 lbs) and wear clothing in a US men's large. After all, I was a "big guy", reaching a normal BMI at 170 lbs and wearing men's medium was unthinkable! (Even by the time I was down to 195 and knew I could keep going, I still had this vision of myself staying there for at least a few months...)

As a frequent traveler (pre-pandemic) a big secondary goal was to be able to sit comfortably in airline seats in Economy class and not end up needing a seatbelt extender or having the table rest on my belly making it harder to eat or work while on a plane.... Thankfully I never needed the seatbelt extender (even though on some planes I would stretch the belt to its fullest extent at my heaviest) and in many cases I usually don't feel too claustrophobic with the table down anymore. (Of course I have not flown since March).

What about you Centurion? What were your secondary goals that helped motivate your weight loss? Rollercoasters? Zip-lines? Bungee jumping?

Of course feel free to talk about anything else that's on your mind...

submitted by /u/SmilingJaguar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IBDzlb

No comments:

Post a Comment