Wednesday, December 23, 2020

I've got to tell someone...

I have started a weight loss journey. I've started many before, but this time has felt different. I also have a doctor, a therapist, a dietician, and a husband to support me and help me keep my other problems in check (anxiety based on diet and exercise, depression, PCOS, and on and on).

F30 5'7". Sw: 338. Cw: 316.

I just weighed myself for the first time in 5 weeks. I saw noticeable differences in my face, and I was hoping for a 5 pound loss. I was staring at the number, trying to actually process how much was actually lost. I didn't expect anywhere near that number!

I don't speak to a lot of my family, so I can't really share with a lot of people. My coworkers are super supportive, and my husband and his parents are the same.

I'll be honest. I've tried diet changes before. I gained everything back. I had to get a new medical doctor because the previous one spent an entire appointment forcing me into a panic attack, telling me I wasn't moving fast enough on my goals. I got to the new one, and he believed I needed a bit of help. My insurance doesn't cover anything related to obesity. I ended up on a med that treats type II diabetes (which I don't have). It also helps with weight loss. It was a big surprise when this med made me sick from eating too many carbs. So I had to adjust my diet quickly. I adopted a very loose low-carb lifestyle. I don't count carbs unless I'm worried about going over that top number of 150 a day. A piece of bread upsets my stomach terribly. So I just avoid a lot of bread. Same with pasta, mashed potatoes (RIP, you were well loved), and rice. Obviously sometimes I had to give in otherwise I would derail completely.

The next thing this med did was cut my appetite in half completely exactly 2 weeks after I started the med. I barely eat anything compared to what I used to. However, what I'm eating now is closer to "normal" portions, whatever that is. I'm working on wrapping my brain around this being the norm now.

I thank you for getting this far. It's good to share this. I am so proud of myself at this point. I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere that I can sustain. I don't really have a goal weight. I'm leaning more towards health and feeling good.

submitted by /u/singinsara3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JdX9Ee

No comments:

Post a Comment