Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Tips for getting over a plateau

Hi everyone in this sub! I've been lurking and I love all the encouragement here. First off, a quick disclaimer: I have hypothyroidism (which I am on medication for), but that adds that much more of an uphill battle to weight loss. My current weight is 170 lbs, I'm 5'6" and female. I'd like to lose maybe about 20-30 more pounds. But I feel like I've been 170-ish for literal months now...the scale hasn't budged much, even though I'm counting my calories. I only added consistent exercise in the past month and though I feel better and have lost some inches here and there off my body, it's disappointing how "little" that seems to have a real impact. As I see friends and family here and there, everyone keeps telling me how good I look though! What gives? Does anyone have any advice about getting over this plateau? Thank you!

Also for the record, this is nowhere near my heaviest weight--in 2018, I was well over 200 pounds. So I understand that now there is less of me around, it's harder to keep slogging to finish that extra 20 pounds. I don't want to throw in the towel, but it's discouraging when I've lost maybe 15 pounds total since May.

submitted by /u/jennb013
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37378Wi

No comments:

Post a Comment