Friday, December 18, 2020

Wanted to slim down

So, I've been in weight loss journey. I want to slim down and lose about 17 lbs. And I got to say I feel like I am not so sure what I am doing. Some background:

  • I am in many crash diets as a teenager, caused me to ballooned into 154 lbs in my 5'0" frame.
  • in 2011 I cut calories and exercise about 3 times a week and managed to lose 22 lbs and it stayed for years.
  • I gain some pounds in about 2016 when I was in a highly sedentary job. Take or give I stayed in 136 lbs since then

In October this year I decide I want to be more active and starts exercising with jump rope. I am kind of inconsistent, though. I try to keep up doing it three days a week but there is some missing days. i don't change my eating habit. The biggest offence of it is how highly I consume refined sugar as I love bread with sweet filling, cakes, and once in a while I eat ramen. But this month I start to eat more healthily by consuming more whole grains and decreasing my sugar and refined carbs intake. I also doing resistance training with dumbbells and kettlebells. The total weight I lost is about 9 pounds (at which point and what point I start losing i am not sure as I am not actively weigh myself) and it feels too slow for me. I am 127 lbs currently but I want to be down to 99, though 110 is acceptable, I guess.

Honestly, health is not the main reason for me doing this, but I want a sustainable weight loss that could stay for years. So, I wonder what can I do more to achieve a weight loss in right pace, and whether actual gym exercise is necessary.

submitted by /u/beheadedfemmefatale
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WvnXmp

No comments:

Post a Comment