Tuesday, November 6, 2018

About to start my journey, but I've got a lingering problem.

Hi!

I'm about to start my weight loss journey for the seventeenth time it feels but this time I'm planning for it to be different. I have a real drive to lose and I've got a lot to do, I've been to slimming groups in the past and they have never worked, first time attempting it alone.

I have a problem, and the problem is called Sensory processing disorder. I was diagnosed when I was 13 (I was a big girl back then too), and I'm now 25, so I'm very used to it. It means I can only eat certain things without literally gagging and I eat the same things day in and day out every week and year and this is the reason I'm fat (besides not exercising).

It isn't just healthy food I avoid, it's non healthy food too. I don't eat Chinese or any Asian take out, don't eat ice cream, don't eat cake or muffins or anything with that sort of texture (or anything with icing on it at all). I don't eat bread, or fish. Healthy wise, there's a ton of stuff I don't eat because I can't physically swallow it. I've tried. It isn't pretty.

It feels like a task I need some advice with. I can't just get over this hurdle by forcing myself to eat vegetables because I will actually barf the moment they are in my mouth. The texture of it on my tongue is awful and I've tried blending things together but the texture of the lumps is just as bad (don't eat any kind of yogurt from fear of lumps even the smooth kind because I don't want to feel ill).

I know it's stupid, I wish I didn't have this disorder but it's getting to a stage where I need to do something or I'll be a lost cause.

I don't know if anyone can help me with advice, but for any kind folk reading this, I'd love your insight.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/Dazzze
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DqAUGC

No comments:

Post a Comment