Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Irrational fear of not checking the scale enough

So I've heard it being said a lot both on this subreddit, and pretty much everywhere else in the fitness and weight loss circles: only check your weight once a week, and don't become obsessed with the scale.

Well, I'm gonna be honest, I haven't really followed that advice too well, and sometimes the number on the scale can make or break my entire day. The reason I check it almost daily is because there have been a few times when I'd lose far less weight over a week than I wanted to, and I'd think to myself "If only I knew sooner that I was screwing something up..."

I'm deathly afraid of not checking my weight for a while, and seeing that it hasn't changed. Checking my weight daily allows me to see steady progress of dropping a third or quarter pound a day which kind of keeps me motivated, but I'm fully aware I might be getting obsessed with it, which could be unhealthy.

So I promised myself not to weigh myself this week. Last time I did was last Saturday, and I won't again until this coming Saturday. I still feel that lingering fear of not having lost weight come Saturday, and feeling like an entire week has gone to waste. This is probably a pointless thing to post about, but I just want to hear about you guys' experience with the scale, and how often you weigh yourselves and maybe just some advice on that matter.

submitted by /u/tenamonth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SPIuPC

No comments:

Post a Comment