Saturday, November 24, 2018

Lost 37lbs/17kg in 6 months, now I can hear my own breathing

Title seems a bit clickbaity but this is word for word an exact summary of what happened. I went through a pretty strict dieting regime and went from 154lbs/70kg to 117lbs/53kg in 6 months (I'm a 5/7'' male by the way)

Well this morning when I woke up I had the strangest sensation. Every time I breathed, the sound of the air rushing and leaving my nostrils and mouth was amplified in my left ear. It was even worse when I spoke (I live with others) during breakfast. Every word I spoke had an almost jarringly sharp spike in my left ear again, like someone suddenly turned up the volume to max every time I said something.

So I decided to research this and I found the issue - Patulous Eustachian tube. It's all there. The symptoms and the cause (rapid weight loss).

It's been stuck with me the whole morning. I'm going to try to last the day but if this doesn't go away, I'm going to visit a doctor. I decided to post this to remind you all to be careful with dieting. It's easy to get into the cycle of eating less and seeing the numbers fall (I know that was particularly addictive to me) and I've recently felt like I'm bordering on underweight with where my numbers am and now I've gotten struck with this annoying issue. Lose weight but do it healthily guys!

Edit: If anyone has any advice on how I could deal with this problem I'd be reallythankful

submitted by /u/Amerphose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Rckwgm

No comments:

Post a Comment