Saturday, December 1, 2018

Clubbing As A Big Girl

Hello, /loseit! I write this to you from the back of a Honda Civic, absolutely sweaty and exhausted. A lot as has been on my mind lately concerning weight loss and what it means to exist as a big person. I’ve come to deliver my testimony on a subject I’ve never seen covered on this subreddit- clubbing.

I’m an 18 year old female. SW: 256, CW: 232. I’m a freshman in college and naturally have been dabbling in the world of partying. I’ve been to frat parties, hit the drink a bit, smonked the wonk, etc. But nothing has ever scared me like clubbing.

I attended my first club in early October, and I remember being an absolute nervous wreck beforehand. My friends are gorgeous and go to places like clubs for the sole purpose of attracting men. Which is fine. They’re very good at doing so. But I feared that I would be the lone single dancer, awkwardly bobbing to EDM as my friends got felt up.

Googling ‘night clubbing for fat girls’ yields very uninspiring results. Horror stories circulate the internet of big girls being excluded, kicked out, or otherwise made to feel shit for being in a club. I’m here to tell you: that’s absolute bullshit.

Maybe this is the case in big cities, like Las Vegas. But in normal places with average clubs, as long as you adhere to the dress code, no one gives a fuck. No one. I will not lie to you and say I get as many guys as my thin friends- I don’t. They’re always the first to attract men. It used to bother me, but honestly- who the hell cares? If you’re into it, the men will come. I know I personally enjoy a lil bit of grinding action. If that’s not your thing, then the same applies- no one cares.

I get hit on. I get asked for my number. I get men dancing on me. Offering me their drinks. This is not a obesity glorifying post- I’m losing weight for a reason. But I’m here to tell you that you can live before that happens.

I personally don’t believe my weight changes the likelihood of me attracting a man. It’s the confident I radiate because I know that I’m allowed to live.

So if you’re considering going out in any capacity, please do it. Try it out. Don’t let yourself miss out on any experiences because something as arbitrary as weight.

Edit: I forgot to add that clubbing burns A LOT of calories. I always drop a pound or two in water weight after a solid club night! Just another perk.

submitted by /u/DeepMess9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zyZ6D5

No comments:

Post a Comment