Tuesday, January 15, 2019

I'm having trouble seeing the difference of a 78 pound loss. Am I doing something wrong?

28F | 5'6" | SW 275 | CW 197

highest weight versus now

I started my weight loss journey back in June when we made a 900 mile move; I wanted to feel good in this place, for myself and my family.

I'm currently doing CICO, but I've tried everything in the book to lose weight over the last 10-12 years. I remember doing the 'cottage cheese diet' in high school, sitting at the bar with my mom. Or the 'canteloupe diet', or keto. None of it worked.

When we moved here I was looking into VSG, but in the four months it took me to pull the trigger on seeing a bariatric surgeon, I had lost too much weight to qualify (I was six pounds too light to qualify my BMI for the surgery). The bariatric doctor told me that instead of VSG, he could put me on Phentermine and see if that would help.

I've lost an additional 38 pounds on Phentermine, but I can no longer take it because I've been on it for the maximum time allowed.

I have another 50-60 pounds to lose to be in the 'normal' weight category. I do cardio (heart rate in my cardio zone or higher for more than 85% of my work out) 5 days a week and stick to CICO. I track and weigh ALL of my food, even at restaurants (I look like a lunatic with my food scale in my purse). I drink and track my 100oz of water a day, and my skin and lips feels great, so I know it's helping.

My problem is that when I look through pictures that I've recently taken, I look exactly the same. Nothing is going to make me look any better, so why do I bother?

I feel like I'm still so incredibly massive. Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal?

submitted by /u/the_feisty_pineapple
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Cm6Zwu

No comments:

Post a Comment