Tuesday, January 15, 2019

NSV: My Dog and I have been hitting our goals for 2 weeks!

I hope this is okay to share here!

I'm a 30F 5'2" SW 180lbs (Dec 30 2018) CW 176.6 lbs, and my partner in this weight loss and get healthy journey is.... my dog!

I'm a nurse practitioner, work in a busy, level 1 trauma center (read = high stress level) where I work twelve hour shifts two to three days a week. On my other days, I also have some administrative tasks and spend the rest of my time with my 1.5 year old son and my doggo.

My husband is unfortunately also overweight, but not ready to fully support my weight loss journey or join me and I've come to be okay with that, so me and doggo it is. You see, my dog is a 2.5 year old male golden retriever who weighs 120 lbs and his ideal weight is closer to 85-90 lbs.

Anyways my lowest adult weight was around 140 lbs and I'd like to reach 135 lbs to reach a normal BMI!

So far, my dog and I have been active for at least 30 minutes every day that I'm not working since Dec 30! I've logged in MFP every single day! My dog started on a weight management food last week. Less than 4 lbs of weight loss feels a little like a bummer at times but I have to remember to have patience.

Now to find a scale that I can weigh my doggo on.....

Thanks Lose It! You inspire me and my dog and motivate us every day!

submitted by /u/Msmckitten
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DdbTNX

No comments:

Post a Comment