Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Lost almost 65lbs - you can too!

I hit 246 pounds in April of last year. I was so uncomfortable, out of shape, and disappointed in myself.

I told a friend I needed to do something to get started and he told me about this CrossFit thing he was doing. He also told me he would see me Monday (this was on Thursday). I also decided to go with CICO... I knew I would not do well with Keto or other ‘diets, and CICO has worked in the past.

I set a goal be under 200 and run a 5k by my birthday in September.

I called the ‘box’ and signed up. The first 4 weeks were torture, but I started to see progress. It hurt... a lot, and my mantra was, “last place still finishes”

By the end of June, I was down to 220 and the workout, while still challenging , were not nearly as painful!

I was all in and going 4x per week st this point! I continued that until about September. On September 5, I hit under 200 for the first time in 15 years.

My birthday was the end of the month and so I signed up for a 5k. It is amazing how well the CrossFit cardio translated.

3 weeks later, I did a 5k in around 27.5 minutes. My body was pretty beat up from CrossFit though and it was losing its luster. I found I really loved running and also did a couple free Orange Theory classes. I also reset my weight loss goal to 185 lbs!

It was really hard, but I left CrossFit and stared OTF Nov 1st and really focusing on my running. I really did not care about getting bulky, and enjoyed the cardio more. CrossFit was what I needed to build a great base, but man is it hard! Mad respect for those folks!! I still lift at OTF and planet fitness, but not focused on muscle gain!

On Nov 3rd, I ran my first 10k in 59 minutes! My goal was under an hour so I was pumped!!! The next day, I signed up for a 10 mile Turkey Trot.

I ran that race three weeks later in 1:39! December was a lot of running , OTF, and using the Aaptiv app. If you have not looked into Aaptiv, it is pretty amazing! I checked in this morning at 181.3, nearly 65 pounds down!

I feel amazing, I have great Enegy, I can keep up with my kids, I play basketball with a bunch of folks 15 years younger than me and they can’t keep up with me :)

I have lost 10 inches on my waist and wear medium shirts... started at 2xl...

My goal is to do a half marathon in March and stay around 180 pounds. People think I weigh much less... My legs are tree trunks and I do not fit the ‘weight chart’.

So basically, I was a sloth for a long time and never thought I could lose weight! I found some friends to keep me accountable and my wife also helped by cooking better for the family. Side bonus, she lost 20 pounds just by eating better and is now working out also!

I NEVER thought I would run 10 miles or wear a medium shirt. I was resigned to be large and unhealthy! If you are in the fence... just get your butt going, push through the pain, and watch amazing things happen!

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/freeby789
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RtA1Uo

No comments:

Post a Comment