Saturday, January 12, 2019

You Are More than JUST Your Weight Loss!

Compliments.

Those of us who have lost or are losing weight are extremely familiar with these. As we've progressed (or are progressing) through our weight loss journeys, every single one of us has been on the receiving end of numerous compliments from other people, whether they'd be family members, friends, coworkers, acquaintances, or others whom we see on a regular basis. At first, they were always great things to hear (especially to those of us who aren't used to many compliments period) and motivated us to keep doing what we were doing.

As we've progressed and as many of the other Redditors on here can attest to, compliments may slowly start to have an unintended effect on us. One such effect, and the reason I'm writing this, is that you may feel like you are only your weight loss.

What do I mean by this? Well, as you keep receiving more and more compliments like "hey skinny" or "you look great" or others, you may start to think that the only thing positive about you is your weight loss achievement. You may eventually get to the point that you're almost begging for a compliment about something OTHER than your weight loss.

I say that because I am currently at that very point. Although I haven't vocalized it, I'm at the point where I just want people to compliment me on something that isn't related to my weight.

However, I've been thinking about it, and I had myself a realization that I wanted to share with all of you: you are absolutely more than just the number of pounds you've lost. You are a symbol of immense strength and discipline that the vast majority of people in the world do not possess. You are a symbol of unrelenting determination in the face of an enormous challenge. Most importantly, however, you are all beautiful people both inside and out, and are inspirations to so many people.

So the next time you get a compliment and feel a little insulted or defeated because of it, think of what I just said. It helps pull me though those moments where people unintentionally (or even intentionally) knock you off your feet in a negative way.

Stay strong!

submitted by /u/Coffee_Flavor_Coffee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2D2YasQ

No comments:

Post a Comment