Monday, March 18, 2019

People around me urging me to not reach my goal weight?

First off, I come from an obese family with lots of health problems, not that it makes a huge difference but it definitely plays a part.

I have a strange body type. I’m 5’1”, female, and 176lbs. I’m very muscular instead of fat-heavy, with extra weight around my legs and arms and an almost flat stomach and waist.

For my height, my ideal weight would be around 95-120ish pounds, so I aimed for the middle and said 110.

The problem is, every time I’ve told my family this, I’m met by shock and disbelief. They say that it’s unhealthy and I should aim for 135 or 145, which I am not happy with doing. I put it off as my family just being concerned and moved on. Yesterday I was talking with my friends about weight loss and I shared my goal, and was met with the same reaction. One of them said that if I were to weigh that much, I would be skin and bones.

I’m so confused and discouraged by this! Its not healthy to be obese like I am, but then everyone around me keeps saying that my goal would make me look bad. Is this an unreasonable goal or something?

submitted by /u/skelekey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Tf63R5

No comments:

Post a Comment