Thursday, March 21, 2019

Say it with me,"X will still be there after Y"

I'm just days away from running American Ninja Warrior in Atlanta, and this year, the following statement has made all the difference in my weight loss and training. I am recovering from a broken leg many months ago and it caused a setback in my weight loss. I turned things back around, and this saying helped me focus.

Examples:

my son's birthday cake: "Wonderful cakes will still be there after my ninja warrior season is complete."

pizza: "This delicious NY style pizza will still be there after I hit my weight goals."

Video games: "My Red Dead Redemption save file will still be there after I hit my training goals and finish the ninja season."

I can also tell you- the stuff really is there. Ninja training meant giving up all of my favorite TV shows, (Flash, Arrow, Supernatural to name a few). When I broke the leg and was stuck on the couch? I had plenty of TV to catch up on that was right there waiting for me. Likewise, whatever you need to lay aside for this season- it will be there when you can pick it back up and enjoy it.

submitted by /u/SharpTenor
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U0UrW1

No comments:

Post a Comment