Monday, May 6, 2019

Easy, low-cal meal and snack ideas

I've been figuring this out as I go along my weight loss journey, and a lot of the stuff I see online is just kinda boring to me, and I like to be flexible and find foods that I will actually eat and stick to. You know you can always meal prep yourself some grilled chicken but here are some meal and snack "recipes" (term used loosely) that I enjoy. I'm busy AF like we all are and meal prep just isn't for me, so here are some of my go-to's as I've been losing weight. Almost zero effort/prep required. These aren't my main foods, just my go to snacks and lunches during the week.

*not vegan* *not vegetarian* *no hate*

  • "Instant" beans, ham, & onions. I use pink or red beans (canned, well rinsed), cubed ham (about 70 cal) and a bit of cut up onion and microwave for 1 min until heated. The onions will still be crispy but I find this a satisfying, low cal snack or meal.
  • Hard boiled eggs - 1 or 2 depending how hungry I am. My perfect boiled egg method: eggs in cold water, bring to boil, cover, let sit for 10 min, then ice bath.
  • "Easy" veggies like baby carrots and cherry tomatoes with Bolthouse yogurt ranch dressing.
  • Sugarfree Jell-O and cool whip for dessert. 10 cals, 35 with 2 tsp cool whip. Sorry I know Jell-O is a bit gross but when I'm at my calorie max and can't afford dessert in my daily allotment, it's a lifesaver and very satisfying.
  • Go-to tuna & white bean salad. Canned tuna (90-100 cal), 1 tsp mayo, 5 olives, sliced, 1/4 cup white beans, serve with greens of choice - arugula, spinach, iceberg.
  • Rice cakes with FRESH salsa - the Quaker white cheddar ones are bomb. 90 cals for 2.
  • Baby Bel cheeses - portion control. Love these little suckers.
  • Cheating my sweet tooth with Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp semi sweet choc chips and unsweetened coc flakes. Protein fix with minimal sugar.
  • Add Frank's Red Hot to anything and everything. Adds so much flavor for zero cals.
  • "Skinnygirl Sauerkraut Salad" - mix any 3 kinds of beans (your choice, I used red, garbanzo, and wax) with sauerkraut, serve with hot sauce or dressing. Can serve with greens. Low cal/high fiber/moderate protein. Evidently fermented foods are supposed to be good for weight loss. Warning: sauerkraut smells awful.

Hopefully these give you some ideas of things you can make if you're lazy like me and maybe don't want to meal/snack prep, but also don't want to get derailed from your diet. Add your ideas below if you want. :)

submitted by /u/lipstickeveryday
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VMZBG8

No comments:

Post a Comment