Thursday, May 16, 2019

Slower Start Than Expected

I’m a 26 yo woman, I started gaining significant weight after puberty because I grew up in a home with bad eating habits, used food as a crutch, and hormones are kind of assholes. So I’ve been seriously working on changing my lifestyle for about 2-3 months. I started with writing down and tracking calories, then I reduced what I was eating aiming for ~1,700 daily, and then started incorporating intermittent fasting, and began working out 2-4 times a week.

I’m still working on nailing down 4 days a week in the gym, and next dietary goal is to reduce snacking. But I know I’ve made a lot of changes and I’m feeling better, especially in the gym. I’m starting to feel stronger and and noting things like getting my time lower on miles on machines or lifting heavier weights. But I’m still worried;

See, a big reason it’s taken me so long to really try to stick to a weight loss is I’ve always gotten really discouraged by the scale, after a few months I’ll feel like shit because things aren’t going down fast enough so I’d break down and quit. I don’t want to give up on this, I want it to be a permanent lifestyle change and get to a healthy spot in life, especially because I have older family members that have started struggling with their health. But after this amount of time I’ve only lost about 10 pounds, it’ll dip and pop up week to week, sometimes closer to 15 pounds of loss but it seems to hang out in one spot which is super frustrating because I feel like I’m working really hard.

I talked to a trainer when I started and got a workout plan, and his goal for me is to build some more muscle so I can do more vigorous exercise and start building a stronger foundation before prioritizing fat burn. The process makes sense to me but I don’t know if that may be why I see changes in the mirror but not as much as I want on the scale? I’m just trying to understand why my body is doing what it’s doing so I don’t let up, I want things to be a real change this time and the mental fight seems like just as much of an uphill battle as the actual weight loss.

submitted by /u/selenitedelight
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Jpon9n

No comments:

Post a Comment