Thursday, September 5, 2019

The best weight loss planning tool that I've found.

My evening habit has become reading journal articles on weight loss and sports nutrition. Buried in one of the articles were various formulas that have been created to account for the fact that fat loss is a nonlinear process and that the "3,500 calories burned = 1 lb of fat loss" is vastly oversimplified.

The article linked to a source, which in turn linked to this Body Weight Planner, which is a product of the National Institutes of Health (part of the U.S. Dep. of Health and Human Services). Congrats, US taxpayer, you've already covered the cost of making this.

I've logged about 80 days worth of data around my my weight loss. When I plug in my numbers and backdate everything, this planner very accurately aligns with my historical data. I enabled "expert mode" and toggled all of the "advanced mode" options and was able to dial in my body fat % (via a DEXA scan) and my activity level (based on my heart rate data).

submitted by /u/IronCurmudgeon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZxPoQs

No comments:

Post a Comment