Thursday, September 3, 2020

1/3 of the way to my GW and am not feeling it anymore...

Back in May I decided to take the plunge and start actively losing weight. I've thought about it for the last year and realised I'm now ready. SW was 117kg (260lb ish), GW is 70kilos (165lb ish). I'm 21f, 5'6" and CW is 101.9 kilos (225lb ish).

I lost the weight through CICO but have integrated a daily walk in. Over the past few months I've been extremely apathetic to the weight loss. I've gone down a size in clothes which is good in some ways.

Before I lost weight I loved my boobs, but now they're quite a bit smaller and I'm still unhappy with the rest of my body, so I look in the mirror and don't see the progress I've made just what I've lost. My relationship with food is better but I no longer enjoy it the way I used to, I'm too focused on getting my calorie limit rather than eating how I want. I haven't had my favourite sweet treat in months because it's so high calorie, and now I'm afraid that's all I'll see it as. Extra calories, not an enjoyable snack.

I wanted to lose the weight to be able to buy the clothes I like and take the strain off my knees as my chronic pain and hypermobility will only worsen with age but as it stands I don't feel like myself anymore.

And as an extra bit of info, I've tried making meals and having regular snacks as part of my day. Through trial and error I found that setting aside 300ish calories a day for snacks helps me so I make sure I can still have that packet of crisps or ice cream, or that cider or glass of juice.

I suppose I'm writing this out to see if it's common and if I should keep persevering, change my goal weight to something closer to my current weight (95kg instead of 70kg) or just stop all together. I lost the one thing that gave me a little bit of confidence, and in all other aspects of my health I haven't changed. I don't feel like progress is being made, it's just a grind that's taking enjoyment out of my life now. Is this normal?

submitted by /u/TheRubester_tm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EYDsOk

No comments:

Post a Comment