Sunday, September 20, 2020

Is there a way to lose weight without counting calories?

This is on behalf of trying to help my sister;

My sister has awful self-esteem when it comes to her body, partially due to living in a state that's very shallow and expects everyone to have a model body, partially due to having untreated BDD, and also just because she is overweight. She complains about her weight, and equates it to her self-worth, but won't go to the gym, won't see a doctor, nor will she see a therapist. I pointed out to her that the biggest part of losing weight is your diet/the food you eat, and that you can eat well without working out and still lose weight.
I'm on my own weight loss journey and I do count my calories; it helps me see that I used to eat way more than I should/keeps me accountable when I eat something with a ridiculous amount of calories. I even recommend LifeSum to her, since I knew it came recommended from a board-certified doctor (Dr Mike.) She refuses to count calories. She claims it'll mess with her head and mental health (not sure how she knows that, I've never heard her try to track her calories), and I'm like okay, that's valid. I only just recently got to a point where I felt comfortable mentally counting calories.

Is there any way where she can work on losing weight, without counting calories?

submitted by /u/xoemily
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mD56BH

No comments:

Post a Comment