Wednesday, December 9, 2020

NSV: I'm getting carded again!

25F 5'7" SW:260, CW: 192. I'm in the US so drinking age is 21.

The title says it all. I remember being disappointed that I wasn't carded on my 21st birthday. I thought I just looked older. By the time I was 23 and started on my health journey, I was basically never carded.

Well, I've noticed that I'm getting carded a bit more at stores, but I always thought grocery stores carded a lot and I don't exactly go out to bars anymore in COVID times. But then this happened a few days ago.

I was traveling for the holidays (yes being careful yes social distancing) and the hotel I was staying at was offering free booze to guests over 21 (in to-go cups for you to drink in your room). After a long day of driving, some wine sounded nice, but I'd left my wallet in my room, so I decided to just ask before running upstairs to get it. Again, I'm very used to not getting carded.

Not only was I carded, but when I came down with my wallet, the person working the bar was surprised to learn I was 25 like I'd said. "You look so young. I thought you were a lying teenager. You really need to keep this on you." Part of this might have been the mask covering most of my face, but I was still shocked and flattered. I knew my face had changed with the weight loss, but I didn't think I'd lost 5+years in appearance! I guess I'll be more careful to have my ID from now on.

submitted by /u/woul6
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m9IaZG

No comments:

Post a Comment