Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Underestimating Caloric Intake is EXTREMELY Common

I've been a lurker in this sub for a long time, but I came across something that I wanted to share. These past few months I have been a TA (teacher assistant) in a university nutrition course. I recently graded an assignment where students had to track their food intake for a week and analyze it using special software used in nutrition education courses.

Among the 40+ students I graded, ALL of them reported being in a caloric deficit (ranging from 200 to 1000 kcal, around 500 kcal on average). Very few students said it was intentional, for weight loss purposes. Most of these students are maintaining the same weight but claim to be in deficit. Something isn't adding up here.

I can't say I did not expect this to happen, but I am shocked at how high the discrepancy is. Its reassuring to know I am not the only one who struggles when it comes to calorie counting.

submitted by /u/SuperbSpider
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gppK5O

No comments:

Post a Comment