Monday, September 5, 2022

Does eating too few calories stall weight loss or is it something else?

I (26F) lost around 45lbs over the past 6-9 months (don’t know exactly when as didn’t weigh myself at first haha). I now weigh 268lbs so definitely still a lot to lose. I went on an all inclusive holiday mid august and gained 2lbs, which I then lost. But I haven’t lost any weight since (around 3 weeks).

I’m really surprised as I’m on new medication for my ADHD which completely suppressed my appetite to the point of feeling nauseous at the thought of eating sometimes. This is something I’m working on with my psychiatrist to find the right dosage so I am genuinely not purposely not eating to lose weight, I actually kind of hate it.

But I’ve been eating maybe a slice of toast for breakfast, then nothing really all day, then a normal meal at night. I have had a few higher calorie snacks during the week, like a brownie or chocolate, but max maybe 4 of them in a week. When I did a rough calculation of my calories, id had around 1500 which should definitely be enough to lose weight.

Any advice on why I’m not losing weight? I have 2 theories:

  • I’m underestimating my calories significantly. I really don’t think it’s this and I don’t want to start calorie counting as I have a history of EDs.

  • my eating is sporadic - sometimes 1 meal a day, sometimes 2 + snacks, sometimes a big meal out so I don’t know if the constant changing is affecting something?

  • I don’t eat much (any) fruit or veg. So although I’m in a calorie deficit I’m not getting the right nutrition?

Any advice would be gratefully accepted!! TIA

submitted by /u/PerfectStop6252
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3D4NIBn

No comments:

Post a Comment