Sunday, September 11, 2022

Thinking about a break / maintenance day(s) / week and want opinions.

Okay so I've been 'losing' weight since June but my real progress hasn't started until around August. I lost around 10lbs from Jun to august 235 to 225 and then from august until now I've dropped another 20lbs and I'm currently down to 205lbs. I'm a 5'5 male for reference and I eat around 1300-1700 calories a day.

I measure things using a scale a-lot so I know my calories are fairly accurate. I run/walk 2 miles for lunch and walk another 2 miles with my dog after work. I also strength train around 6 days a week with 3 light days and 3 heavy days. On the weekends I tend to stay active and go for hikes or walks as well. I average around 13k to 18k steps a day sometimes more. (For reference when I was in extremely good shape this was my old routine so I didn't just start doing this out of no where. I worked my way into this over the last 3 to 4 months)

Hunger wise I don't feel the need to stop my diet because I feel fine and have adjusted to it pretty well but I've noticed my scale has not been dropping all that quick recently and I know my caloric deficit hasn't changed much either. I know water weight and other things can affect this but I've been debating on if it might be worth the time to do a slight increase in my calories for 3days to a week and then go back to my diet again to help with metabolic adaption and kick start my weight loss again.

I guess I just don't want to jump the gun if it's not necessary but I also don't want to beat my self into the ground trying to lose weight in an uphill battle. I'm mostly leaning towards a 3-4 day break and just eating around maintenance but I also am afraid of that not really being enough time to give my self a break or where to go from here.

Quick Edit: I don't plan to do a weekly maintenance day because I've never done good with those but more maybe every two months or every 30-40lbs do 3days to a week of maintenance to help a bit with metabolic adaptation.

submitted by /u/Temporary_Grape_8168
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/5YBxPeQ

No comments:

Post a Comment