Thursday, September 8, 2022

What is something that you love about your body, right now, as is?

I was thinking today about how I do NOT want my weight loss journey to be about negativity, like "oh, I hate my body so I'm going to beat it into shape." I'm an alcoholic in recovery (17 months sober, can I get a what what?!? Lol) so I feel like I know a little something about self loathing and how defeating it is, for me anyway. I want my weight loss and fitness journey to be an act of love towards myself, something that I do for my body, not something I do to my body. So with all that said, I think it's important to celebrate the things that are already great/amazing/cool about our bodies. Right now, however they are in this moment, not someday.

I'll start. My body is amazing because it made people! 2 of them! And they are sort of like me, but also completely themselves, so it's not like I just made copies of myself, I made 2 whole new people that are unique unto themselves. That's freaking astonishing when you think about it.

Also, I have great legs. Like, right now, at this moment, no weight loss needed, my stems are chef's kiss. They are long, and shapely, and when I stand with my feet and knees together there is even this gorgeous little gap above my knees. It's not a thigh gap, it doesn't go all the way up. But it goes up enough that in any skirt I would wear in public, it's all gap.

My butt is pretty great too. It's not a Kim K butt, but it's nice. It looks good in jeans.

Over all, I would say it's a body that is worthy of love and effort and devotion. It deserves to be nourished well and given plenty of sun light, fresh air, and movement. And an excuse to wear little gym shorts. 😂

Now you, tell me how rad your body is, right now. Not someday, today.

submitted by /u/Overbeingoverit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cTxyo5J

No comments:

Post a Comment