Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Real Talk: Reaching goal weight shouldn't be your only goal.

Hey everyone - Potentially unpopular opinion, but I think a lot of you will relate to this. About 2 years ago I started my weight loss journey at 5'3", 167lbs. Over the past 2 years I have managed to lose 45 lbs, but something I found out along the way is that weight loss isn't the only thing that matters to me. Yes - CICO can help you reach that magical number. But reaching my goal weight did not address OTHER problems. I was still periodically binge eating. I still had a sugar/junk food addiction, I still had an unhealthy relationship with food and my body, and I still felt tired most of the time. By never giving up/consistently getting back on track, I was still able to lose weight despite all of this, but I was still deeply unhappy with my relationship to food. My point here is that I encourage you all to think about what your goals are ASIDE from reaching a number on the scale. Do you want to have more energy? Do you want to learn to overcome binge eating? Do you want to stop emotional eating? Do you want to FEEL better in your body? Do you want to have control over your eating? Simple CICO may not help with those other issues.

Thanks for reading! YOU ARE ALL AMAZING!

submitted by /u/Thatinsanity
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2C2bKNf

No comments:

Post a Comment