Saturday, March 23, 2019

1 Year Weight Loss Journey - 215lbs Lost (CICO)

https://i.imgur.com/XyQky7B.png

1 year ago today I finally decided to stop blaming everything and everyone else and take responsibility for my life. At that time I recently turned 31 years old and thought about how many people 500+ pounds I knew lived past 50 years old. In this first photo I weighed a little over 510lbs. I went to the doctor a few weeks earlier and was told once again I needed to lose weight. I heard it all my life. All my life I pushed it off and tired not to think about it. Pushed those feelings in the back of my mind and jumped on my computer and joined my fantasy world where none of those things mattered. People didn't see me as a 500lb man. They knew me for who I really was. That helped me for over a decade escape my reality. Everyone always asked me why I spent so much time on the computer playing video games, hanging out with my friends online. It was because I felt it was the only place I was accepted for who I really was. I finally got sick of hiding and wanted things in life I knew I couldn't have if I continued down this road.

I made up my mind on March 23rd 2018 to finally do it. I told everyone I knew that I was doing it. I did that for one reason and one reason only; The biggest pride in my life is my ability to follow up on promises I make. If I tell someone I'm going to do something I do it. I knew if I told everyone I couldn't back down. The first 2 weeks were hard. Going from 4000+ calories a day to 1200 was pretty much like starving my body. The whole time I had that devil on my shoulder telling me I'm never going to do it. I waited a whole month to go to the doctor to weigh in. I didn't have enough money at the time to buy a scale that will weigh up to 500lbs. The first month I lost over 30lbs. After that it was all downhill. One of the easiest things I ever did. Honestly if you can get over that hump and be focused on your goal and REALLY wanted it anyone can do it. Don't fall for stupid gimmick diets. At the end of the day all that matters is how much food you're putting into your body. Eat less than what your body needs to maintain its weight and you will lose weight. That's what I did for 12 months. Today I weigh a little under 300lbs. I never thought I would lose 200+ pounds my first year. My original goal was 100lbs in a year. I want to lose about another 100lbs but that will take time.

If you made it this far through this brick wall of text I been spewing out thank you. And if you didn't that's fine too. Just don't forget that if you really want something you can do it if you just try. Try everyday

submitted by /u/TheGuthar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HCBhQD

No comments:

Post a Comment