Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Never give up on yourself. You never know how much you can accomplish.

Long time lurker here. Big story time. I’m currently on my weight loss journey and I promised myself I’d post my progress pictures the day I reach my goal weight. I’m half way there and I feel like I should share a thing or two that may help someone out here. My highest was 103.6 Kgs. I lost 35 kilos in the year 2010 and Kept it off for a few years till 2017. And I gained 24Kgs of it back in 2018. Life took its toll on me. I was never a new year resolution type person. But, when 2019 came, you know where I was? I was running in the gym. Like literally, 11:59PM Dec 31st, running my butt off. I had work so couldn’t make it to the gym until 10:30PM. I welcomed the new year with one hell of a run. I took that as a sign. And I was like, this is it! I’m gonna do this. I just knew I’d make a big change this year. It was a strange confident feeling. I actually started to get back on track in December but took it seriously in Jan. Every day since I gained weight, I’d tell myself I’m gonna start losing weight. I spent every single day of 2018 with that thought. I’d wake up like “this is the day, I’ll get back on track.” Every night I’d be like, “definitely from tomorrow”. Don’t get me wrong, I love love love the gym. Love working out. It’s the food I had no control over. I don’t actually binge but I never understood the concept of CICO. Whenever I hear people saying they lost weight naturally I’d be like, “how is that even possible”. I thought losing weight is like being on a diet having shakes and stuff. Which is how I lose weight in the first place. I started to do lots of research and understood that diet literally is 80% of losing weight. You can run for hours in the gym but if you eat the wrong food or eat too much, you’d never improve yourself. That’s exactly what I did. I’d run and lift twice a day. But I ate more than I was burning and ate out a lot. Once I understood the concept. It’s like a light went on in my head and I was like “Omg it all makes sense!!” And with that, I lost 16Kgs so far. I feel great! I have a bunch of clothes I saved or bought to fit in one day and guess what?? They actually fit!! All of them! There were so many times where I could have given up on myself. Gone back to old ways and gain all the weight back and maybe even more but, I never let that happen. I didn’t give up. And I’m so so proud of myself for that. Everyday, I would start, again and again and again. Never saw any results. I was doing the same stuff I did the first time I lost weight. But I wasn’t losing more two kilos. I’d gain those two kilos back in like 2 days. It was terrible. So guys, what I’m trying to say is, everyday you have a choice. And that choice comes from you. Weight loss is the ultimate test of willpower in my opinion. It’s not like a test you can cheat on and expect to get results. It’s not just about losing weight, it’s a lifestyle change. Making good choices that you actually like and have no problem sticking to. Don’t give up on yourself. It’s okay to go off track but always remember to get back on. You are your own motivation. Do you know how many people laughed and underestimated me the first time I lost weight? It was horrible! I was made fun of while I was running. I had kids pointing at me and bad things. I learned to block those out. And you know who got the last laugh? Me. The same people who laughed at me and made fun of me, come up to me and ask how I did it. Some even said I had some kinda surgery and stuff cause “ its just not possible”. It really hurts when people throw away your hard work with words like that. People only see results and your transformation. They never ever see the struggle of waking up early to hit the gym. Or the food you love but told yourself you’ll have it later. Or the mental power it took for you to run one more minute when you actually want to stop or that one more rep. To those who are struggling, I promise you, the moment you get back up, dust yourself off and block those mean things, there is NO TURNING BACK. You owe it to yourself. Go out there and be the best version of you. It’s never too late. And with that, I end my speech. Sorry it’s so long. I felt like sharing all this. Looking back on how far I’ve come and how much my body changed, I felt bit emotional and I don’t have anyone who’d understand this as much as you guys. We are in this together. You’re not alone.

submitted by /u/nehamounika
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XXSFEf

No comments:

Post a Comment